Author Topic: New Here - feels "weird" behind my AN eye.....what should I do about it?  (Read 2955 times)

Nank

I just found out on 6/12 that I have AN in my right ear.  Sooooo many people have mentioned hearing loss.  I had hearing test today and Have no hearing loss.  However, it feels "weird" behind my right eye.  How would I get this checked out?  Should I be worried about loss of sight instead of hearing.  I also feel pain in my nose, which is also hard to explain. 

Anyway, do I need some sort of eye exam?  thanks for any advice.
1.3x0.7 cm AN in right ear
Diagnosed 6/12/13
Tinnitus, ear pain
No hearing loss
GK 7/25/13

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Nank ~

I'm not a doctor and we don't dispense medical advice here.  All I can offer is that, to best of my knowledge, I've not seen eye problems being related to an untreated acoustic neuroma.  However, if you're concerned about your eye health, for peace of mind, an eye exam might be prudent.  Other symptoms, if troubling, should be reported to your doctor for credible assessment.  For future reference, keep in mind that not every pain or twitch you may experience is going to be directly related to your AN.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.