Author Topic: Double Vision  (Read 10253 times)

PamJ

Re: Double Vision
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 04:47:55 am »
Hi everyone, well I had botox injected into my eye last Wednesday and went back to see te surgeon on Monday.  The botox has shown it's not nerve damage caused by having my tumour out so he can now operate and lift my eye but I have to wait until the botox wears off that's roughly 12 weeks.  At the moment the botox his holding my eye level and it's so nice to be able to see one image instead of two but I have been told as the botox wears off my eye will drop again but Idon't mind that as I know he can correct it through surgery.  And the icing on the cake is I can have the brow and eyelid lift after my eye op.  Elizabeth my double vision is vertical but it doesn't come and go as you described yours mine was like it all the time I hope they can sort your eye for you.   It will be so nice to drive again I haven't been able to drive since my op 2 years ago next month.  I'm retired now and as soon as I can drive I'm going to look for some voluntary work as i feel i've been so lucky getting over the tumour and everything that went with it that I feel I want to put something back.

Pam ( from a very sunny and unusually warm UK)
March 2011 - Acoustic Neuroma translab surgery
July    2011 - Tarsorrhaphy surgery
June   2012 - BAHA abutment surgery
July    2012 - Tarsorrhapy reversed
Sept   2012 - BAHA (Pronto Pro) fitted
Sept   2013 - Diplopia Surgery
April   2014 - Platinum chain surgery

Elizabeth Cuttler

Re: Double Vision
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 10:40:54 pm »
I had seven episodes of double vision lasting from three to seven months; I have a cavernous sinus meningioma. I didn't wear glasses, so my doctor put a prism on my sunglasses and I didn't see double. My double vision went away in 2000, when I received radiation for the meningioma.
A month ago I started seeing double vertically, and I noticed that at the same time the right side of my neck has been hurting.
I have seen several doctors and they don't know what's causing the vertical double vision this time. It worsens when I move my head and when I walk.
My tinnitus is worsening and I also feel my nose very heavy. My brain MRI is normal.
I wish I could wake up one day and be able to say: I am feeling great today.
I ask myself so many questions. I wonder if I have any illness that could give me all these symptoms.