Author Topic: Soundcare Serenade for Tinnitus?  (Read 6443 times)

mar50

Soundcare Serenade for Tinnitus?
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:41:23 pm »
Hi - I'm curious if anyone has any experience with or knowledge of Soundcare "Serenade"?  A local hearing center is advertising it, and I'm thinking of going in and finding out what it's all about......

I've lived with tinnitus so long, but the thought of any relief is really exciting.  But I also feel like it's like thinking about a miracle diet pill that doesn't exist.

If you have any experience, please share. 

Thank you!!

fizzysuz

Re: Soundcare Serenade for Tinnitus?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 10:38:15 pm »
I also heard about it... Can't remember where though. I read the info on their website but I don't have a provider close by.
http://www.soundcure.com/for-patients/

My neurologist told me to be very careful about folks saying they can "cure" tinnitus. A lot of it is modern-day snake oil medicine for desperate patients. (I can totally relate to the desperate part. The ringing drives me nuts!)

I'd love to hear from anyone that has more info also.
~suzie

Anasazi42

• "Per aspera, ad astra"
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 10:34:51 pm »
Just thought you would be interested in the following link to the American Tinnitus Association. Soundcare Serenade seems to be a legitimate treatment for tinnitus.

http://www.ata.org/news-pubs
Diag. Dr. Saffran ENT 3-9-11; 45 yrs at time of diag. 3.5+ cm AN rt side; 9 hr retrosigmoid craniectomy 5-12-11 FL Hosp. South, Neurosurgeon Dr. Melvin Field; Gold wt implant
Post-op: facial para. (rt), double vision (cleared up), SSD, tinnitus, balance issues, ataxia, movement disorder

Anasazi42

• "Per aspera, ad astra"
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:56:35 pm »
Below is a link to another tinnitus treatment program.

http://www.neuromonics.com/?page_id=34
Diag. Dr. Saffran ENT 3-9-11; 45 yrs at time of diag. 3.5+ cm AN rt side; 9 hr retrosigmoid craniectomy 5-12-11 FL Hosp. South, Neurosurgeon Dr. Melvin Field; Gold wt implant
Post-op: facial para. (rt), double vision (cleared up), SSD, tinnitus, balance issues, ataxia, movement disorder

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:26:05 am »
The ATA is a great resource for the latest information on the research for treatment of tinnitus.

Just keep in mind that those of us who have tinnitus in a totally deaf ear (surgically removed inner ear, via translabyrinthine approach for tumor removal) will not have the same benefit via any sound therapy, as a person with reduced or good hearing, because the treatment is administered in a hearing ear.

That being said, I asked my audiologist about the currently available treatments for tinnitus, if they might help my tinnitus.  She was very honest and said, "It might."  Most audiology places have a money-back or one month free trial and I would certainly only go that route, if I decided to try it.

I currently use under pillow speakers with a sound machine set on babbling brook sounds, that helps me to refocus to it with my good ear down, rather than focus on the tinnitus.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Chances3

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:12:26 pm »
Clarice - you're an inspiration to all of us.  I took your advice in one of your other posts about trying to ignore the Tinnitus.  It does help to ignore it.  I have spoken to my surgeon about the Tinnitus, he has also said that there are a lot of products out there with false claims  He has had some success with his patients who have used neuromonics.  There has been a post on ANA that the device is incredible expensive, something like $6,000.  That post said he was able to only pay $1,800 with his insurance picking up the balance.  Great insurance company !

About 6 months ago I saw a television advertisement about Tinnitus cure.  I called them up and listen to their presentation.  They claimed to have cured many of our veterans who have terrible ringing now due to close exposure to bombs.  I was on a fact finding mission only, and the gentleman was incredible aggressive over the phone, trying to finalize a sale.  They made claims of money back guarantee as well, but I became very suspect after the aggressive sales pitch. 

Hope that helps.  It's kind of odd in a way, I can handle the wonky days and the dysfunctional equilibrium, but the ringing is so debilitating and really reduces the quality of life.  I'm sure many of you out there would say the same.

lrobie

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 11:22:53 am »
I feel like my tinnitus is pretty loud with a mixture of sounds.  However, I've been pretty much able to ignore it.  It's much harder and night.  The wonkihead, terrible equilibrium is what gets to me.  I hope that when I can finally get over that, I don't focus more on the tinnitus. 

I have an app on my android phone that is called White Noise Lite.  It was free and may help you is some situations.  You can even put it on a timer.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie