Author Topic: Healing after surgery  (Read 2513 times)

marisa_rivera

Healing after surgery
« on: November 13, 2012, 09:05:37 am »
I was just wondering how the area around the implant healed after surgery. My daughters seems to be doing fine. I just have concerns when I look at it after she gets out of the shower. It always looks so tender. It's almost been a month since she had her surgery and we started cleaning the area about a week or so ago. It can be a little delicate in certain spots, but for the most part she is fine.
I just want to make sure she's healing okay. I'm sure it takes a while for that area to fully recover since a small amount of tissue was removed as well as her having stitches and anything else done.
I just want to make sure it doesnt get infected.

Thanks!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Healing after surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 03:54:18 pm »
The site does take time to heal and will be tender for a while.  I can't recall exactly how long though - my implant surgery was almost 4 years ago.

Be careful with the cleaning.  Cleaning too aggressively can lead to infection. 

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

marisa_rivera

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 02:32:12 pm »
Thank you jan. Her doctor said it looked fine. She just had her follow up. I was a little worried that it was still too tender but the doctor said she is healing just fine. :)
She is set to get her baha just before the year is up! :)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 08:43:26 pm »
Glad she's healing well  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways