Author Topic: Hi from Singapore, 2nd post OP MRI  (Read 2179 times)

QRM

• Was an architect now stay at home dad
Hi from Singapore, 2nd post OP MRI
« on: April 25, 2012, 06:21:16 am »
Just another quickie fly-by to say Hi from hot and sweaty Singapore, just picked up my 2nd post op MRI ( done in Sinagpore)  so far all good.

Went skiing in Japan recently and have to say I am back to my post op form, though not doing anything daft these days, I am a bit wobbly in powder snow.  I did have huge sneezing fit (change from the tropical to dry mountain air) about 30 sneezes in a row and stupidly held it in by holding my nose,  for two weeks I had a headache, painful neck and goo constantly running down my nose.  Which resulted in me running around like a headless chicken with hand flailing yelling it’s a brain fluid leak through out the holiday.

Called my local doc up  and his theory was, I  am middle age and tad podgy, after a year of doing nothing, the neck pains and associated headaches could be caused by 6 hours a day of sudden physical exercise. 

Runny nose, he says everyone in cold snowy countries have runny noses. 

I used to have a thick skull covering my grey matter now it’s a thin sheet of titanium so the cold may well have given me a bit of a brain freeze!

Anyway the MRI scan confirmed all is all where it should be.

That’s it for now for those of you who have just started this AN journey remember you are not alone and stories of mine and hundreds of other AN success will show you there is light at the end of what looks like a very dark tunnel.

Take care all

Rick
2.5 cm x 1.1 cm AN 30 Oct 08  Singapore Gleneagles Hosp.
Translab on  29 Jan 09 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of HEI
Surgery a success!! had wonky head for a while and odd tastes
Everyday things are improving and getting back to normal.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Hi from Singapore, 2nd post OP MRI
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:47:22 am »
Hey, I remember you  ;D

Great to hear from you, Rick.

Congrats on a clean MRI - nothing like that feeling in the whole wide world.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cindyj

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 01:00:28 pm »
Well, hello, Rick!  Great to see you again and hear that you had a clean MRI!  Glad those sneezes turned out ok ;)  Hope your family is also doing well.  Thanks for checking in...

Cindy

PS - Did you happen to see my son while you were skiing in Japan ;D  He's studying over there for a year and loving it!
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:58:36 pm »
Hello and happy for your great MRI results.

Regarding your headaches after a sneeze, I had this problem for the first year and then it resolved.   I used two Alleve gel caps and was better within the hour.    For my neck I use Salonpas which is from Japan and now sold everywhere including Costco.
Here's to your continued good health.
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh