Author Topic: photo  (Read 2827 times)

madison

photo
« on: April 09, 2012, 04:56:57 pm »
Hello- I tried to post my photo on here several times because each one looked really blurry.  Any tech savvy people out there who can help me out? thks so much!
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012

Suu

• Better out than in.
Re: photo
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:22:23 am »
If you're using photobucket.com to host your pictures (it's free) they have a way of editing and cleaning up picures.

If you're running Windows - open your picture in Live Gallery and click Edit, Oraganize, or share at top left of window, double click the pic you want to clean up. You can then play around with the options (sometimes you need to only click on 'auto adjust').

Your picture may be too big or may have been cropped and lost pixels definition.  Try a new picture and maybe make it smaller?

Some other tech savvy people may be able to explain it easier but I just wanted you to have an answer to try until then.  (I'm having a wonky day sorry)

Suu xxoo

(I'm editing all of my typos :))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 02:09:38 am by Suu »
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:42:00 pm »
Madison ~

Your avatar photo looks fine.  Because the original photo is greatly reduced when posted as an avatar, it necessarily loses some definition.  As Suu suggested, using a smaller and/or clearer photo might help.  FYI: when I enlarged your photo (left-click on the photo, then click 'view photo'...it comes up in a separate frame and is normal sized) your photo was fine with good definition so I doubt you can do much to improve the shrunken avatar photo - but trying some of Suu's suggestions can't hurt.  Good luck!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 02:11:12 am »
Hi again,
If you'd like to email me the photo that you would like modified then I can do it and send it back to you.
PM/Email me here.

Suu xxoo

(Suu, had to remove your personal email for your internet safety.  Folks can PM/email here where all can share personal contact info behind the scenes. Thanks! Phyl) OK Phyl, I keep forgetting that it's an open forum. Must have been having and AN day  ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:19:35 pm by Suu »
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

madison

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 03:16:59 pm »
thks to everyone who helped me post my pic.  I looked at my photo on the site on a different computer and it wasn't blurry like it looks on mine at home. well, problem solved i guess. Thks again- I really appreciate it ;D
Pennsylvania:female: 40 yrs. old
R ACOUSTIC NEUROMA;GAMMA KNIFE FEB. 2008
multiple meningiomas
scheduled for translab @ Thomas Jefferson in Phila. Pa. on 6/18/2012