Author Topic: hydrocephalus 9 months after CK  (Read 3099 times)

vicenza2010

hydrocephalus 9 months after CK
« on: December 11, 2011, 06:30:26 am »
I am Italian so I apologize for my English.
In October 2010 I had 3 fraction of cyberknife for a 2,3x1,6x1,1 cm. acoustic neuroma. The neuroma showed sign of necrosis as of last MRI of september 2011.Three months ago I had a sudden onset of an hydrocephalus.The AN caused hydrocephalus because released proteins which interferes with the absorption of CSF fluid. This kind of hydrocephalus is a communicating type and it is called aresorptive hydrocephalus. I went into the ER and I had a CT scan done.
My husband was told the pressure in my head was to high and my ventricles were huge. I had a ventricoloperitoneal shunt put it. A programmable valve was inserted and adjusted at the intracranic pressure of 170.
May the removal of the neuroma alleviate the CSF pressure and restore the normal circulation/adsorption of CSF?
Thank you
June  2010  neuroma 23x16x11mm
Oct.   2010 cyberknife
Sept. 2011 aresorptive hydrocephalus
Oct.   2011 shunt installed
Nov.  2012 neuroma is growing 21x18x21mm
Febr. 2013 rectosigmoid surgery,
post surgery SSD, HB 4, staphylococcus aureus infection

mauribo2

Re: hydrocephalus 9 months after CK
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 07:37:16 pm »
Hi
Hope everything is better now. I'm very curious to know, what were the symptoms?

Mauricio

vicenza2010

Re: hydrocephalus 9 months after CK
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:29:40 am »
Hi Mauricio,
about a year later my cyberknife I had issues concerning walking.
My feet was moving as  they were made of iron and the soil was like a big magnet.
These issues  lasted for one or two hours and I made the mistake of thinking it was dizziness depending on the neuroma because the problem occurred just two times with an interval of about 2 weeks.
Then one day returning home I did not recognize the street where I live, the houses appeared to me as they were underwater and I had to sit on the sidewalk waiting for my husband who luckily was at home.
It was hydrocephalus.
After one week a neurosurgeon implanted a shunt on my head.
Two years later I had my neuroma removed and now I am deaf on my right side.
I do not complain but I would like to use a hearing aid now.
As the shunt has a magnet inside I don’t know  if I could use one. The magnetic wave can interfere with the shunt.
I hope someone who has a similar experience could be of any help.
June  2010  neuroma 23x16x11mm
Oct.   2010 cyberknife
Sept. 2011 aresorptive hydrocephalus
Oct.   2011 shunt installed
Nov.  2012 neuroma is growing 21x18x21mm
Febr. 2013 rectosigmoid surgery,
post surgery SSD, HB 4, staphylococcus aureus infection