General Category > AN Issues

Cholesteatoma AFTER Acoustic Neuroma Surgery

(1/2) > >>

glewis:
I have recently been diagnosed with a cholesteatoma years after I had Acoustic Neuroma Surgery.  It is unrelated to my AN and pretty rare.  Has anyone else had this situation?

DavidF:
I just had my ~ 18 month follow-up to Cyberknife radiation surgery.  The MRI showed that the AN on my right ear had not changed.  I've lost most of my hearing in my right ear.

However the MRI showed that I probably have small cholesteatoma on my left ear.   Learning that cholesteatoma can affect hearing so nervous what the cholesteatoma will mean to hearing.  I had many ear infections as a child, but not sure whether it is an issue from then or an evolving issue.

Would be interested in your situation and whether cholesteatoma was in opposite ear of AN.

glewis:
Just seeing this (4 years later). Cholesteatoma was same side as AN.

Anabchavez50:
Hi there,  i just joined this forum hoping someone can help me with my recent Dx. I had an MRI ordered by an ENT dr. The result was Cerebellopointe angle of 3cm. I don't really k new much of what it is until i started researching and after ENT Dr. Explained.  I am afraid and i would like any advise if somebody it's familiar with it.  Tks.

ANSydney:
Anabchavez50, welcome to the club. My first piece of advice is to get you MRI on CD and take a look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version