Author Topic: Message from the ANA Membership Committee  (Read 48138 times)

Chances3

Re: Message from the ANA Membership Committee
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 11:03:09 am »
One of my surgeons directed me to this site on my first consultation with him.  I never bothered to go to it until way later, months after my surgery when I was really struggling with all kinds of complications and looking for answers, along with just talking to other people who understood what I was going through.  Although I am not fully back to me ( perhaps I may never be me again ), the people here have provided me with such support and encouragement, it was truly a lifeline.  Having said that, what does it cost, and where do we send the money?

If I maybe so bold and add something to the suggestion box.  Is it possible to explain the expenses so we understand where the money goes ?

Thank you all.

MusicCityVic

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 11:23:17 am »
Hey There,

I found this site via Facebook a couple days ago.   Went to the ENT a couple days ago after months of tinnitus and his x-ray indicates a tumor so off to an MRI tomorrow morning.   I'm one of those people that will now look up every possible piece of information I can about this while I go through the process of the proper diagnosis. 

Thanks for having this site and the forum.  I'm guessing I'll be using it a lot in the next several months.

Victor in Nashville area

mrwva17

• Romans 5:8
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 02:27:41 pm »
Just joined the ANA today. Even though my issue is a Facial Nerve Neuroma (4 doctors agree after MRI) I have gained a tremendous amount of information and support on this forum and membership is really the least I can do to give back. Thanks to all on this forum and the ANA on the whole for the amazing work that they are doing for all of us with our new normals.  :)
4mm X 1.2cm at initial dx 1/17/17
Increasing balance issues since 6/17

jessonia

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 09:07:35 pm »
Hi, I'm really happy to have found this community. I've run the gamut of emotions from feeling scared to feeling lucky and happy and hopeful for my new lease in life to depression and confusion about expected outcome and changes to my life.  I have never spoken to anyone who's had this and have mostly found some support with Bell's palsy patients, though my concerns extend past just the facial paralysis. Again, really grateful to have found this community and looking forward to reading through and engaging. Thank you all.
5cm tumor discovered 6/7/17 in ER after fainting, removed 6/19/17 in CA.
-No prior symptoms except occasional dizziness in heat & some tinnitus
-"temporary" facial paralysis on right side, no improvement yet
-Eye, paralysis, stroke, & emotional complications
-Navigating the medical system (trying)