General Category > AN Issues

Agent Orange and AN

(1/3) > >>

clm714:
Is there any one who has had an AN that was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam?  We are talking with VA about a possible connection for my husband.  I would appreciate any response if you were.  Thanks, clm714

Jim Scott:
To the best of my knowledge, the actual cause of acoustic neuroma development is unknown at this time.  I'm also unaware of any scientifically proven link between exposure to Agent Orange and acoustic neuroma development.  However, I'm not a doctor or scientist and I could be mistaken.  I wish your husband success in pursuing his claim. 

Jim

ppearl214:
Jim is absolutely correct as there are no known causes of AN's at this time.  There will be research going on, announced at this summer's ANA symposium, trying to understand the genetics of AN's, which was shared with us by Dr. Elizabeth Claus from Yale University/Brigham and Woman's Hospital (Boston).  This will be a 5-yr study and has yet to begin.  Many of us anxiously await its outcome as many of us have questioned over the years as to "how the heck did I develop this thing in our head?".

Best wishes to you both.
Phyl

nomadin:
 I am a Vietnam vet and registered with the VA for Agent Orange. I was diagnosed within 2 years of my discharge. It is interesting to me to find other vets with the same problem. I was told there was no connection to AN and agent Orange. It would be good to find out if there are other vets with AR so we could petition for a  reconsideration.  I wish you the besyt and please let me know if I can help

arizonajack:
Aren't you Viet Nam vets eligible for VA health care benefits?

I signed up in 2011. I have no service connected health issues so I pay small co-pays but the VA covered my Gamma Knife procedure last month.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version