Author Topic: I hope you all will forgive me  (Read 5559 times)

lauralynn

I hope you all will forgive me
« on: April 06, 2011, 05:53:49 pm »
Hello to my AN Family,

I recently met Christine on this forum.  She is having surgery April 7 by my surgeons.  We were speaking on the phone the other nite and she told me she had received the "Magic Scarf" and said that no one knew where the journal is.  I thought to myself...I returned the scarf....but I don't think I ever sent the journal back.  I hung up with Christine and immediately started looking for the journal, thankfully I found it.  I hope you all will forgive me for this.  When I returned home from the hospital I wasn't ready to put my entry in the journal because it seemed everyone else's was a positive one.  I had had so many problems that I wanted to wait to be able to enter a positive entry.  Needless to say...time went by and I forgot all about it.  Well Christine helped me to remember and I finally put my entry in there which had a mixture of positive and negative in it.  I personally delivered the journal to Christine today.

I met Christine today (in person) at her doctor's appt.  We only spoke for a few minutes but it was a true blessing for me to be able to meet her and her family.  She of course is nervous but I hope my little visit was of some help to her.  I will be visiting her in the hospital when she is ready.  Blessings do come from these AN's that God has given us.  I am going to help Christine as much as I can and I believe a beautiful friendship is going to come from this. 

God Bless,

Laura Lynn

4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone

Kaybo

Re: I hope you all will forgive me
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:30:30 pm »
To me, the great thing is that it "was lost, but is now found!"  I bet a bunch of scatter-brained ANers are probably the most understanding of this oversight!!   ;)

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:47:09 pm »
Uh, yeah, because the rest of us never forget anything!   ;)

I think we can cut you some slack - besides, it sounds like it's in exactly the right place and gave you an opportunity the meet a new AN'er.  I'm sure getting a chance to meet with someone who has been there will help her even more than the magic scarf/journal!  And if you both made a good friend in the process, then I'm glad the journal was temporarily misplaced.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 08:22:26 pm »
Yayyy....what was once lost is now found!! Kind of like my mind sometimes! LOL!!  We can forgive ya...this time!!! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

moe

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »
No apologies necessary, just nice to have that book and scarf together again!
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 04:11:07 am »
 ;D ;D ;D I loved reading this. Thankyou.

Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

cindyj

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 07:30:02 am »
Wow, how great!  Thank you so much!  And how interesting, odd, coincidental, ironic, very cool that it surfaces now and you can give it to Christine who just received the Scarf (which had taken a bit of a hiatus too) and lives so close to you :D  Wow!  Know she is so thankful to you for meeting her and helping her through her journey.  No forgiveness needed, just so glad the Scarf and Journal are back on their journey again!

Please give Christine my best and update us after her surgery if you can.

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

lauralynn

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 09:37:10 am »
Hello my AN family,

Thank you so much for all of your sweet responses.  ANers are so understanding...I love that.  As soon as I hear from Christine's husband with updates I will definately post it on here. 

God Bless,

Laura Lynn
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter

God Bless everyone

Keri

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 12:56:34 pm »
i'm so glad you found it and all is well. don't feel badly! seems it's all working out.

how are YOU doing? i sometimes forget what's the latest on other an'ers!

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 02:46:34 pm »
Laura Lynn ~

Your appeal to be forgiven for temporarily misplacing the journal that accompanies the magic scarf was poignant.  Of course, forgiveness was guaranteed because we're all fallible at times and no harm was done or intended by you, we know.  That you've reunited both scarf and journal and passed them on to Christine is welcome news.  Now, we await the updates - and thanks in advance for offering to provide them. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lauralynn

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 06:58:32 pm »
Thanks Jim for your sweet note...makes me feel better hearing all the understanding responses. Thank you too Keri.  And to answer your question of how I am doing....I'm hanging in there, taking one day at a time.  I just saw my pcp yesterday due to a scarey episode that happened from a new medication (Amitripyline)  that my neurosurgeon prescribed.  I had only taken it for 4 days and then the following day...one minute I felt ok and the next minute...I literally felt like I was going to die.  I called my neurosurgeon's office and they told me to see my pcp and go to the ER if it happens again.  That didn't help me at all.  I stopped taking the medication and my pcp gave me a vitamin B shot and will once a week for a month.  I hope and pray after that I will notice a change in my energy level.  She recommended I go to pain management, which I'm going to look into that.  I have been trying for 3 wks to get pain medication from my neurosurgeon...finally my pcp helped me out and gave me a script for percoset. 

I currently am not working due to my doctor requested that I be put on long term disability.  My employer has denied my case but it is being appealed.  I will know sometime this month if the decision will be overturned.  I know being off of work has helped alot.  I get alot more rest and I am able to take pain meds when needed.  Most importantly I'm able to take care of my 12 and 10 year old alot better.  I was so exhausted when I was working...I'd sometimes have to take a nap when I got home and wouldn't be able to help my kids with their homework and get dinner ready at a decent time.  Fortunately they have been very understanding during all of this.

I hope all is well with you.  Keep in touch.

God Bless,

Laura Lynn
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter

God Bless everyone