Author Topic: It is time  (Read 2176 times)

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
It is time
« on: October 16, 2010, 10:14:02 am »
After almost 3 years I am leaving the W&W.  My AN decided to double in size in a one year period, which as we know it very unusual.  So with the rapid growth the doctor has said it is time to make the move. It is still classified as small so they want to get it before it gets to big for CK.  As soon as the insurance will approve I will be having CK.  In my case that is the option that made most sense to both myself and the doctor.  Three years ago when they found the AN I had "sudden hearing loss" on my left ear.  Of course the AN is on the right side, so they want to save as much hearing as possible.

I am happy in a way to be starting the next part of this journey that we all go through but at the same time my brain says "what the heck are you doing".  Hopefully when they do the cat scan and map the tumor they can do as much as possible to minimize damage to rest of my brain.

TJ

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: It is time
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 01:49:26 pm »
TJ ~

I'm sorry your AN is showing growth but glad to learn that you and your doctor have made a treatment decision (CK) and that you seem confident about it, as you should.  You'll be in the thoughts and prayers of many and I look forward to reading about your journey as you move forward.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 04:51:58 pm »
TJ -

sorry to hear about the growth, but it sounds like you have a great treatment plan in place.

Please keep us updated,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jackie

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:59:22 pm »
TJ,

Sorry that you have had to make the decision to leave watch and Wait, but at least you have had 3 years to research and be comfortable with your treatment plan. Many aren't that fortunate. Some of us wish we could just get through this life without having to make that decision, however what will be will be and may I wish for you success in your treatment and a smooth  journey ahead. You are in my prayers, Blessings to you,
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 05:52:37 pm »
Thank you to all that responded, that is what makes this site so great.  People are truly interested in giving the best advice and hope each case turns out the best that it can.  I will continue to let all know how it is going. 

Thanks Again 

TJ

Lizard

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 11:15:24 am »
TJ,
Sorry you are no longer W&W, but as said above you already know what treatment route you will be taking. Please do keep us posted when you have your date set.
Take care,
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt