Author Topic: 1 yr post...tinnitus?  (Read 2432 times)

bdsgurl

1 yr post...tinnitus?
« on: March 09, 2010, 03:58:17 pm »
i had some white noise and severe pulsatile tinnitus before my surgery and for a month following. Then it all went away!! Last week ive noticed a bit of what sounds like a wind blowing through my head and some popping like popcorn....is that a form if tinnitus could it be coming back after a year and could it be related to the time of year, my severe allergies??? any ideas amd thoughts would be appreciated!

painter

Re: 1 yr post...tinnitus?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 04:54:45 pm »
I find it amazing your tinnitus went away after surgery. That doesn't seem to be the norm.  I have horrible tinnitus that just about drowns out any other sounds, other than loud televisions, restaurant noise, loud fans, etc.  But I'm not familiar with the popcorn sound or the wind like sound.   I hope these don't get any worse for you, and hopefully are short lived. 
Tom

bdsgurl

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:33:59 pm »
I find it amazing as well, I was told by my doctors, that they've never actually seen that happen. I was surely blessed. I can honestly say that I would rather have the regular tinnitus than that pulsatile tinnitus i had. That drove me to my knees and i honest to God thought i would go crazy. I cried every single day. I am soooo grateful for the reprieve, I too hope its not coming back and that maybe its just a symptom of my allergies and the hearing loss. I hope your tinnitus gets better. I cant imagine having it so loud you cant hear anything else:( sorry.

Mei Mei

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:37:07 am »
My doctor told me to decrease the caffeine and see if that helps.   I also posted a letter on the hearing section here
see the Post:  Transear with Glasses.    It described using an iPod or Mp3 player for 2 hours a day as a masking device to help with the tinnitus and see if that works.

Do you live near a major university medical center?   Sometimes they have a tinnitus clinic.   The Univeristy of Maryland where I live does and I plan to use that if the iPod therapy and decrease in caffeine don't work.   The doctor said to give it six months before going to the tinnitus clinic at the Univeristy.

Sincerely,
Mei Mei
1 cm Tumor RetrosigmoidSurgery on Jan 12 at Johns Hopkins
Drs. Niparko and Tamargo
35dB loss pre surgery and now SSD
Post surgical Headaches and Tinnitus
Dr Ducic Georgetown Excision Surgery May 2011
Dr. Schwartz GW  Titanium Mesh  March 2012
Drs Kalhorn/Baker, Georgetown Removal of Titanium Mesh