Author Topic: Surgery MONDAY New Blog too!  (Read 7953 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Surgery MONDAY New Blog too!
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 02:38:55 pm »
I checked out Denise's blog www.thesanfordadventures.blogspot.com and was pleased to read her husband's (Neil) post stating that, in effect, Denise's recovery is progressing nicely (some swelling issues) but that she has to be diligent about not pushing herself too hard.  A common issue for otherwise-healthy AN surgery patients.  Lots of prayers and good vibes going out for Denise today.  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ghenier27

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2009, 10:42:52 pm »
Hi, well I had thoughts of starting a blog too but it didn't happen. The surgery was here before I knew it. And then once the surgery was done- I had the the first 3 days don't count- yes so sick on my stomach I couldn't keep ice chips down. BUT, I wouldn't have changed a thing. I had wonderful doctors at Shands Teaching Hosptial in Gainesville, Florida. I was in the hosptial 4 days. I had very little facial weakness. Driving at the 8 days later, my tumor was 1.6 cm by .07 cm.  When you wake up from surgery just remember, this is the begining of my recovery. Lots of Blessings being sent your way,Debi

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009, 07:50:15 am »
My prayers to you and your family this is a journey and I hope yours will go smoothly..
Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 04:40:25 am »
I'm wanting to reply on some of my postings to let everyone know how much I 've appreciated comments, thoughts and prayes on this website, and on my blog posted below in my signature.   This forum and blog comments have been my support group.  I've been in contact with plenty via e-mail, pm's and even some phone calls.   

Also have to comment on how many nice  comments I've had from friends and family members that have read some of other ANer's comments on the blog.   Everyone thinks that is so cool and even helps some of those worried about me get some results from others of you too.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.....I think I'm gonna post again under the postie area.
My loving heart full with appreciation goes out to all of you and whoever actually started this website!
Denise Sanford
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI