Author Topic: Vision therapy - Why red and green?  (Read 4700 times)

swhite

Vision therapy - Why red and green?
« on: November 01, 2009, 06:20:25 pm »
While I'm in vision therapy, and she the therapist has explained it (can't comprehend it), do any of you know why it is important for the therapists to know whether or not you can see images from glasses with one red lense and one green one?  My right eye (where AN was removed) sees images, however, it doesn't see what it should when I wear these glasses.  The therapist tells me the brain is suppressing using the right eye (even though I can see out if).  My opthomalogist says it makes no difference.  Confused?
Retrosigmoid 8/27/09 undiagnosed and suddenly; no symptoms prior; approx. 4cmx2cmx2cm; right-side, facial paralysis/weakness, SSD and tinnitus. Baha surgery 11/9/10.
Gamma Knife 8/11/14 at UPMC w/Dr. Lunsford after regrowth detected June 2014

sgerrard

Re: Vision therapy - Why red and green?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 09:50:28 pm »
Are you looking at a red and green dot pattern when wearing the glasses? Do you see only green dots, not some red and some green?

This is a link describing a test for eye dominance using red and green lenses. I don't know if this is what you are being tested for or not.

http://www.eyetec.net/group6/M29S1.htm

I have mild red/green color blindness, so I am always interested in color vision testing.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Vision therapy - Why red and green?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 10:21:18 pm »
I never had red/green vision testing.

But I think it may have something to do with color blindness.

My son is color blind and so is one of my brothers.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways