Author Topic: The BrainPort Follow-Up  (Read 4508 times)

LADavid

The BrainPort Follow-Up
« on: September 17, 2009, 02:55:23 pm »
After eight weeks of really annoying BrainPort exercises, I met with my PT and got the preliminary results of my test.  There is some good news.  My visuals are now almost 100%.  And, while I scored poorly on my first pass at the vestibular test, the next two attempts were in the acceptable range.  According to my PT, I have been training my brain -- apparently through the BrainPort test.  Unfortunately, I still have "bad" days but things have improved overall.

I also learned more about the research study.  There were two groups.  In one group, the participants could feel the stimulation on their tongue that sent messages to the brain.  In my group, the stimulation was subliminal -- it was there but undetected.  They are comparing the two groups.  If one group scores lower than the other, they are allowed to re-participate in the plan using the better method.  Once I find out the results, I'll pass them along.

And I'll mention this again, the BrianPort people are looking for more test subjects.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: The BrainPort Follow-Up
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 03:25:08 pm »
David ~

Thanks for the update - and your positive results!  I hope this will lead to even more successes for you in the near future.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.