To be the most comprehensive and reliable resource on acoustic neuroma for patients, caregivers and medical professionals, as well as committed advocates in the advancement of research and improvement of patient experience and quality of life worldwide.
- Professionalism: to maintain high ethical standards at all times
- Objectivity: to remain free of bias in everything we do
- Research: to constantly learn more about acoustic neuromas
- Communication: to encourage dialog and disseminate information about acoustic neuromas
- Innovation: to stay current with technology and emerging, diverse, pre- and post-treatment options
- Respect: to honor the needs and privacy of acoustic neuroma patients
This website has been designed to provide information and education services for the general public, healthcare professionals, and consumers of healthcare and related services.
While considerable efforts have been made to validate the information provided, the Acoustic Neuroma Association is not engaged in rendering professional medical or other healthcare services. All medical and other healthcare information provided by ANA should be carefully reviewed by a qualified healthcare professional. Any actions taken based on the information provided by ANA are entirely the responsibility of the patients and healthcare professionals involved in such actions.
Note: ANA does not endorse any commercial product, physician, microsurgeon or radiosurgeon, surgical or radiosurgical procedure, medical institution or its staff.
Acoustic Neuroma Introduction
Types of Post-Treatment Issues
Balance issues are very common with an Read More...Questions to Ask YourselfAcoustic Neuroma Patient Decisions / Priorities Questions to Ask Yourself
All treatments are viable options for some Read More...Acoustic Neuroma Decision TreeA PATIENT'S GUIDE TO DISCOVERY, DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT Begin to experience the symptoms - loss of hearing on one side only, Read More...